Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Welcome to The Hermione Fund!

Hi All,

My name is Sandra and I have a 9 year old Siamese cross named Hermione. I've had her since she was a month old. She was thrown away, left on the streets of Greenpoint, Brooklyn in the middle of a snow storm in December. My friend with a great big heart saved her. I adopted her the following February.

Here she is playing with my cell phone charm (the background for this blog is also a pic of her):


I created this blog for her.  Mainly, because I'm too poor to afford her vet costs and I need help so that I don't lose her.

Why does she need help? Hermione has bad teeth.  No matter how much I take care of them (and my current vet thinks I've done well since her last visit,) many of her teeth are rotting and a canine is infected.  She needs dental surgery and I can't afford that.  I've been unemployed for over a year.  And while I've been job searching and doing community organizing around local economic development, I've been struggling.  My unemployment benefits only cover my rent and utilities.  And though I'm blessed to have family that helps with Hermione's food and litter costs, vet costs are too much (and I don't come from a rich family.)

Through my saving change and dollars, I managed to get Hermione a vet visit, antibiotics for an ear infection and her Rabies vaccine.  But that took me over 10 months to manage and total $75.  The estimated costs for her Dental surgery is $457.  It doesn't seem like a lot, but it is for me.  I know many people will read this and be skeptical about whether or not I'm conning them or will use the money for myself instead of Hermy.  So I will tell you this: I am a cat lover who would never abandoned my cat even while I'm suffering from financial hardship.  I have taken great care of Hermione and I don't want something as simply treatable as a tooth infection to take her away from me.  So even if I have to beg on the internet, I will. She's worth it!

This is her infected canine:




The pics are blurry but you can tell how bad the tooth and gums are. :(

So, since I believe in full disclosure, here is the estimate bill for her Dental surgery with a business card for my vet, who has been given permission, by me, to give out info on Hermione's needs:






Although my estimate is valid till March 15, 2012, I'm not sure how bad the tooth will get and how infected it will become.  I know I will probably need to get some antibiotics soon (which will be $20) till I can raise the money for the surgery and I need to get the rest of her vaccinations (which are $32.)  I know how it is to be poor and not able to help as much as you'd like so know that I will accept any amount. All I need to raise is a $509 ($457 for dental surgery, $20 for antibiotics while I'm waiting to raise this amount, and $32 for vaccinations so that she'll be set till next year.)

 And whether you can give or not, please let your friends, family and followers now about this by sharing it through email and social media.

Thank you,
Sandra and Hermione

To donate click the button below:





No comments:

Post a Comment